A Magic Ring (magic circle) is the ideal way to start crocheting in the round. You start by crocheting over an adjustable loop and finally pull the loop tight when you have finished the required number of stitches.
1. Start with the yarn crossed to form a circle.
2. Draw up a loop with your hook but don’t pull it tight. Hold the circle with your index finger and thumb and wrap the working yarn over your middle finger.
3. Make one chain stitch by wrapping the yarn over the hook and pulling it through the loop on your hook.
4. Insert your hook into the loop and underneath the tail. Wrap the yarn over the hook and draw up a loop.
5. Wrap the yarn over the hook again and draw it through both loops on your hook. You have completed your first single crochet stitch.
6. Continue to crochet until you have the required number of stitches as mentioned in the pattern.
7. Slip stitch to join the round.